Wednesday 20 March 2013

Decide to Decide.

Today's post will be on decision. I may focus a few more posts on the subject because Bob talks a lot about the importance of decisions. Here's an explanation of why decision making is so important.

To start off, consider that you think on frequencies, as shown below. The horizontal lines represent various frequencies of thought. Now, bear in mind that these may not be the same as the physics frequency (in Hz.), they are merely symbolic. A better way of thinking about the term 'frequency' here would be as a form of mind-set. The lower lines represent a mind-set of lack and limitation, and the higher we go , the more in tune with abundance we are.


Now, with this model we can understand WHY people are stuck in terms of their results. Cloud # 1 represents the thoughts that are getting you your current results. The star represents your goal , which you are shooting at. It is something that is beyond your current level of awareness or thinking. The thoughts that will get you to the goal are represented by Cloud # 2. Now, if we let our current resources limit our thinking to Cloud # 1, we will never think the thoughts, do the actions etc. associated with Cloud # 2. Instead, we repeat the lower thoughts over and over, and the goal seems forever out of our reach. What we need is a DECISION. 

When we make a committed decision, we instantly switch our level of thinking from Cloud # 1 -> Cloud # 2. This is important, we don't need to wait for the outside conditions to change. We make a decision from where we currently are. This switches our frequency to the higher level thoughts. We then automatically begin to think of possible ways to go about reaching our goal, and act on them, thereby changing the current results and moving closer to the star. 

As an example, if my goal was to run a 42 km marathon in 3 months from now, and currently I can run only about 5 km comfortably, here's what my thinking would be. 

Cloud # 1 -> I can run only 5 km. I have to be able to run 42 km. That is 8 times what I can do now. It's impossible. I only have 3 months. I have tons of work to do as well. I can't possibly improve that much in such limited time. etc.

Cloud # 2 -> I am able to run 42 km. What is the training I need to undertake to get to a level where I can run 42 km? How can I carve out time for a routine during my day? Where can I practice daily? Who is someone who has accomplished the same feat and can inspire me? Can I get help from them? 

As you can see Cloud # 1 focuses more on WHY something CANNOT be done, while Cloud # 2 focuses on HOW something WILL be done.

Without the decision , we will never move from the lower level of thought to the other. And since thought is the precursor to all actions and results, we will remain stuck at lower results. By understanding this process and applying it dynamically, i.e. setting higher and higher goals and reaching out to them, we begin increasing our conscious awareness and ability to achieve these goals goes on increasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment